The Royal Free Neurological Rehabilitation Centre (NRC) is a 14 bedded unit, providing specialist in-patient and outreach rehabilitation and condition management services for adults with long term neurological conditions.
Management of the centre was transferred to the Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust on the 1st September 2008, following a review of rehabilitation services by Barnet PCT.
To provide an efficient, person-centred, comprehensive neurological condition management service (working in partnership with health, social and voluntary services) to enable people to live as independently as possible.
What the NRC currently offers:
A multidisciplinary team (MDT) with specialist skills in the management of progressive and other neurological conditions.
- In-patient services for rehabilitation or condition management
- Out-patient or outreach assessment and recommendations service
- Respite for existing patients
- Day attendance for existing patients
- Community management team
- Case management; using a long term conditions register to plan reviews
- Outpatient service, including a range of specialist clinics
What the NRC will offer in the future:
- Early supported discharge
Who would benefit from the service:
People with a long-term neurological condition who:
- Would benefit from rehabilitation to regain or maintain some independence
- Would benefit from interventions to manage their condition more effectively
- Live within Barnet, Brent, Hertfordshire, Enfield and Harrow or any other commissioning PCT
Who would not benefit from the service:
- Referrals solely for social respite or continuing care
- Patients requiring tracheotomy, respiratory support or nasogastric feeding
- Patients who require a regional neurological or spinal injuries centre
- Stroke rehabilitation
Patients, who meet our referral criteria, can be referred by any healthcare or social care professional by completing our referral form, available at the trust's extranet site at nww.royalfree.nhs.uk (accessible only to NHS organisations)
For further information please contact:
Acting Neurosciences Clinical Lead for Rehabilitation,
Royal Free Neurological Rehabilitation Centre
Edgware Community Hospital, Burnt Oak Broadway,
Telephone number: 020 8951 2165